Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What a catch!

Hardly ever do things work out to how you planned. But once in a great while your in the right spot, with the right lens, and the right timing. That moment happened to me at a Pleasant Valley vs Paradise baseball game. There was a hard hit to the outfield and it looked like center fielder Brandon Coborn was not going to come close to a catch. I was standing along the first base line when Coborn rushed to make a diving catch. I followed him with the lens, and fired the shots as he dove head first for the ball. Magically, my camera stayed on focus! Normally the old camera tends to throw the focus out, just at the time I need it to be in focus. I've learned to deal with the frustration, but that day I had exhilaration. Perfect timing to the perfect catch.

Pleasant Valley High's #17 Brandon Coborn makes a diving catch for the out against Paradise High's #4 Matt Smoots (not seen) in the top of the second inning during their baseball game at Doryland on Friday, May 7, 2010 in Chico, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

No comments:

Post a Comment