Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Going Sky High for Solar Assignment

     The other day I headed out to Sunset Moulding to photograph the company's CEO with the new solar field that was installed and maintained by Pacific Power. Sunset Moulding is switching their power resource to renewable energy. When I arrived, they had a scissor lift available for me to go up in. I love these assignments where I get to operate (or take a ride in) heavy machinery that under normal circumstances you must be well trained to use. I was raised about 30 ft or so in the air to get a higher viewpoint of the solar panels. I am sure almost every photographer would like a scissor lift in their camera bag at all times. Unfortunately this is one piece of equipment that doesn't fit the budget or the bag. It is nice to have for those high angle shots. 
Pacific Power Director of Communications Sarah Modgling, Pacific Power VP of Business Development Kelly McMahon, Sunset Moulding President and CEO John Morrison, and Pacific Power Project Manager Rod McKenzie, (left to right) look over the Solar Panels installed by Pacific Power at Sunset Moulding on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 in Chico, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)




No comments:

Post a Comment