Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Difference of Views

I headed to Oroville earlier today where I took shots of two different kinds of scenes. The first was the clouds hanging over an area just north of Highway 149 between Highway 99 and Highway 70. It was very picturesque and peaceful. The second shot was taken less than an hour later of a similar vista, but that had been trashed with junk over time. There was a man who was spending his day picking up some of the trash. It was interesting to have two scenes of beauty, but one to be ugly because of what we have thrown in it. It is also neat to see the difference we as humans can do to the same environments. 

The clouds were very vibrant along Hwy 149 between Hwy99 and Hwy70 on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 in Oroville, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

James Sculuca, points out the area of trash that people have dumped in an area along Oro Dam Blvd, which he spent time picking up on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 in Oroville, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

Political Sidenote: I am not an environmental nut, I am an outdoor nut. I love to go out in the world and see nature, not trash. I love photographing outdoors and would hate to see it go away. I don't care of the politics of environment, but no matter your belief there is no reason to just trash it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment