Thursday, January 15, 2009

Willie Excites Crowd on Hump Day

Take the headline for what it is. Music legend Willie Nelson adorned the audience at Laxson Auditorium on "Hump Day", better known as Wednesday, January 14, 2009. Chico Performances have continued their streak of bringing in huge names to a small town. The audience was filled with many fans varying from many backgrounds and ages. Everyone with a different past, yet had one thing in common...they were all Willie Fans.





Music legend Willie Nelson performs to a sold out crowd at Laxson Auditorium Wednesday, January 14, 2009 in Chico, CA. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)


With an American backdrop, Willie Nelson sings a collection of his greatest hits for fans in Chico. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)


Willie Nelson coming into town was going to be a big story for The Buzz, but with a slow news day, Mr. Nelson became the big news. I stayed longer and shot more of the musician than normal. I mean, come on, when is the last time you've seen this big of a star?


Willie Nelson has been around long enough to know when to be comfortable as he sports more comfortable shoes and strums on an old beat up guitar. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

During his performance Willie Nelson signs "Whiskey for my men..." and signals for the crowd's response "...beer for my horses." at Laxson Auditorium. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

Music legend Willie Nelson greets the crowd with hands raised high Wednesday night. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

I only had 10 minutes to shoot of his performance. In total for just Willie Nelson I shot 410 images. That means I was shooting an average of about 1 image every 1.5 seconds for the whole 10 minute performance. I figured I would put those images into a video, so you could see the whole performance I captured through my camera.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhOgGrmkt1k

The video is a sequence of 410 images compressed into a minute video.

No comments:

Post a Comment