Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Congratulations Mr. President

This day was a monumental historical occasion that I can say I have some connection to. This is not only historical for America in electing the first African American to the Presidency, but is an event that comes after Barack Obama's acceptance to the Democratic Presidential Nominee that I had the privilege to see in person just 6 months prior.

The Democratic Presidential Nominee Barak Obama greets 85,000 people at the Democratic National Convention in Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium Thursday, August 28, 2008, in Denver, CO. (Jason Halley/Denver Post)

In late August, I was invited to join a group of journalists to help The Denver Post with their coverage of the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colo. I don't know quite the details of how I was chosen to partake in the events, but I never really wanted to investigate why; fearful of the powers at be learning that I should not be in that position. It was a week of great opportunity. The most memorable part was that of being in a stadium of 85,000 individuals with a dream of achievement. I witnessed not only with my camera, but with my presence. I was there witnessing history. I took the moments and captured the memories for myself. Doing so, I have a part of history that is not recorded. That, is my past. A piece of time that is only remembered in my thoughts. They can only be described through my speech. I keep these memories for the rest of my life. It is a memorable part of history. And so I was given an "ich" for the national news. This doesn't mean I am thinking about joining the AP, Reuters or even Getty. It just means that as I watch the national coverage of the Inauguration of Barack Obama, I congratulate him and thank him for the opportunity for giving me the greatest memories thus far.


The front page of the Chico Enterprise-Record Commemorative Inauguration Edition was released January 20, 2009 in Chico CA.

The Chico Enterprise-Record gave me a huge spread in a Commemorative Inauguration Edition that was in the front page of the newspaper on January 20, 2009. It was nice to be able to get a good use out of the photos from that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment