Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Getting Into The Center Of The Action

A photographer's dream is great access. Walking the sidelines for as many years as I have, I've begun to be a familiar face and my access has greatly improved. I enjoy being able to really get right next to the players that I cover. I think it brings a unique perspective to the viewers. It shows them an angle that they don't have access to. That is what I was able to do when covering a Chico State women's basketball game. I walked right up to the huddle during warmups and snapped a couple shots over the players. The image really puts you close to the intensity of the moment.

Chico State's #11 Natasha Smith (center) cheers on the team against Cal State East Bay before the first half of their women's basketball game at CSUC Acker Gym Saturday, January 8, 2011 in Chico, Calif.
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)


See full post...


Tell me what you think? What is your favorite?


Email me at propixelographer@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment