Wednesday, January 5, 2011

From New Moon To No Moon

Stepping outside as it was getting dark I noticed a strange circular shape in the sky. It was a new moon. It looked huge. I tried driving around town to get a better view. I headed up Hwy 32 and saw the thumbnail shape hanging over the foothills. I took out my camera and was only able to capture of couple of shots before the moon tucked behind the mountains. It was too dark to see the ridge line, but as the moon descended into the horizon, the outline of the mountain range appeared silhouetted in front of the moon. It was a great sight to see, and then it was gone.

A new moon phase sets behind the mountain range as seen from Hwy 32 Wednesday, January 5, 2011 in Chico, Calif.
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)






No comments:

Post a Comment