Thursday, June 3, 2010

Golf Is A Beautiful Sport

    I never much appreciated golf in my youth. I always felt it was boring to watch on TV. It wasn't until I started playing it for myself that I realized how fun golf actually is. And it wasn't until I started to photograph it that I started to realize how beautiful it is. I love nature and sports photography. Golf allows me to be in nature and shoot a sport. It really a little bit of both worlds. There isn't too much to the action, but it is exciting to frame the action around an area that is very pretty. 
    The other day I was assigned to a story about the Oroville Table Mountain Golf course seeking renovations to the clubhouse that is leased by the city. While there I decided to get some fresh shots of golfers that might be used as file photos for stories of the course. You couldn't ask for a much more beautiful day. Although you do learn it is important to ask the golfers if they mind being photographed. Some you might come to find out don't want any evidence they are out there.


Kim Downer takes a swing at Oroville Table Mountain Golf Course Tuesday, June 1, 2010 in Oroville, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)





No comments:

Post a Comment