Friday, April 16, 2010

Upper "Wildlife" Park

I love when I get a little free time to roam. Probably my most favorite spot to room is through Upper Bidwell Park. I especially love to roam in the spring time when the wildflowers are in full bloom. I headed up to Horseshoe Lake and came across a family with their dog. They were sitting in a bed of wildflowers. I laid down flat on the ground to get close to the wildflowers for the shot. Yeah, I know, what a hard job I have. I have to lay down and relax... er, work hard, to get photos everyday. 

Tami Woodbeck (left) and Dain Thomas, 9 (right), with their black lab dog Jada find a nice place to sit amongst the wildflowers along Horseshoe Lake in Upper Bidwell Park on Friday, April 16, 2010 in Chico, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

While exploring the area I also managed to spot a hawk who just scooped up a meal for himself. I heard a screech behind me and turned around pointing the camera in the air. I managed to snap a quick shot as the hawk flew past. 

A hawk snags a meal near Horseshoe Lake in Upper Bidwell Park on Friday, April 16, 2010 in Chico, Calif.
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)



Yep, not a bad day at all...




No comments:

Post a Comment