Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm Back, Broken, and Over Buying

I came back from my vacation and am excited to start taking images again. While I was out, I lost some tools and gained some too.
I ended up breaking my work camera the day before heading out for vacation. And the day before I came back to work, I broke my personal backup camera. So now both are out of commission. My personal one has been sent for repairs under warranty, but I'll have to wait 3 weeks until I can get it back. I hope it will be in time for me to start the MFA-Photography at the Academy of Art. My work camera was to costly to repair. I can only hope to get a replacement. There has been a discussion of the replacement camera to include HD video features. That might allow me to start producing more videos for the blog.
The damages were not my fault. They both were of simple wear and tear. My work camera, a Canon EOS 1D, had its power supply cut out. My personal camera, a Canon 40D, had the mirror hinge break.
But not all was lost. I had a good vacation trip with friends and my wife in Las Vegas. It was a nice weekend. And when I returned, I geared up with a new MacBook Pro... courtesy of student loans. So I still was able to enjoy myself.
I hope to start taking some shots again soon and sharing them as I have been doing lately.

The mirror hinge broke leaving the mirror in the way of the sensor of my Canon 40D while photographing friends wakeboarding at the Afterbay Monday, August 2, 2010 in Oroville, Calif.
(Jason Halley/ProPixelographer)





No comments:

Post a Comment