Sunday, August 22, 2010

No Excuses

In light of my recent broken equipment, I have still had to do my job. I had a great performing Canon EOS 1D, and a good quality second body Canon 40D. But since both of them have decided to break over the same time period, I have been left with an entry level DLSR, a 10D. But this is no excuse for me to not perform. While I will also give no excuses to not buy new gear, it has never been the gear that have created great photographers. It has always been the images.
Gear merely provides a convenience. Instead of waiting for that perfect timing, just push the shutter for an 8 frame per second sequence that will probably snag what you are looking for. Having the gear doesn't mean you'll get the shot. You still need to work hard. Gear just makes it a little easier.
So, when I was force to use a camera that didn't have all the bells and whistles, I still had to work for that shot. I was able to shoot a baseball game and get a decent shot out of it.

Chico Outlaws' #12 Anthony Manuel (right) fields the ball to first base for the force out against the Na Koa Ikaika Maui's #8 Phil Alves (not seen) as #5 Paul Nishimura (let) attempt to advance to third base in the top of the third inning during their baseball game at Nettleton Stadium Thursday, August 19, 2010 in Chico, Calif.
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)




No comments:

Post a Comment