Wednesday, August 11, 2010

American Sunset

I love nature. But I really love it when I can take a image that captures the beauty. Cooler weather brought a spectacle of clouds in last night. The sun began to set and the colors saturated the sky in a vibrant orange. I drove out to see where I could go to capture the fast moving sunset. I was driving past a huge American flag that flies over a local car dealership. I have been wanting to take a picture of the sun behind the span of the flag for some time. This was my chance.

Cooler temperatures had clouds come in as the sun sets over Chico on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 in Chico, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

The sun sets behind an American flag that flies above a local car dealership in Chico on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 in Chico, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

The dark and colorful clouds hung over my head in the opposite direction of the sunset on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 in Chico, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)






No comments:

Post a Comment