Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Regency Inn Fire Aftermath

I can't say that Wednesday was all boring with forums and workshops. I did have an interesting assignment to cover the aftermath of a early morning fire at the Regency Inn along the Esplanade. The fire broke out a little after midnight and destroyed one room and damage nearby rooms as well. Because the newspaper has been short staffed over the years due to economic issues, we don't always hear about fires late and early into the morning. I would keep a scanner to the ear, but I don't think that would be very nice to do to my wife. Besides, I do need the sleep. The best we can do is head out the next day and cover the remains of the scene.


Fire Marshal Mort Myers digs through layers of ash as they investigate the cause of a fire at the Regency Inn along the Esplanade from early Wednesday, March 10, 2010 in Chico, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

Tell me what you think? What is your favorite?


Email me at propixelographer@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment