Friday, March 12, 2010

Finding a nice photo in bad weather

We always wish for sunny days, or at least, a nice day. But the weather does not always give us what we want. Sometimes we are given some pretty dreary weather. As was the case this Friday when a some rain came into town. This rain was off and on, but mostly hampering the enjoyment of the outdoors. It was a slow news day as well. Thinking we didn't have much art, I decided to go out and see if I could find anything interesting. I came across the almond orchards, which had their blossoms knocked off from the wild wind.

Almond blossoms collect in a puddle near an orchard along Blossom Lane Friday, March 12, 2010 in Durham, Calif.  (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

 The blossoms collected on the ground in small puddles. I mean small puddles too, they were more like mud pockets. But I decided to get as close as I could to get a shot of the blossoms in the puddle while also showing the trees where they came from. At the end, it was nothing great, but a nice photo in bad weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment