Friday, March 26, 2010

Butte Dives and Drives For the Win

Butte College's baseball game against College of the Redwoods was a high scoring game. I unfortunately missed a lot of the contact. Still must be a little rusty. I did happen to snap a diving catch. I don't get many of these, and I don't get them so close. I had a 300mm f/4 lens with a 2X extender on it, effectively giving me a 600mm f/8. I was standing on the first base line when a pop fly was hit to right field. The fields leaped and dove for the catch. I had two frames, one before and one after the catch. I wished I could have had one in the middle. It just goes to show that even if your camera can shoot 8 frames a second, you'll still miss it. Good thing news becomes old quick.

Butte College's # 25 Austin Prott makes a diving catch for the out against College of the Redwoods' #9 Ejoshua Reyes (not seen) in the bottom of the third inning during their baseball game at Butte's Cowan field on Friday, March 26, 2010 in Butte Valley, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

Butte College's #12 Patrick Randolph watches from the dugout against College of the Redwoods in the bottom of the fourth inning during their baseball game at Butte's Cowan field on Friday, March 26, 2010 in Butte Valley, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

Butte College's #9 Anthony Ferro (left) congratulates #12 Patrick Randolph (right) with a 3-run triple against College of the Redwoods in the bottom of the fourth inning during their baseball game at Butte's Cowan field on Friday, March 26, 2010 in Butte Valley, Calif. (Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)






No comments:

Post a Comment