Thursday, June 18, 2009

Early Mornin' Boardin'

I received a call from a friend about heading out in the morning to go wakeboarding on Lake Oroville before I had to go to work. This is one of the benefits of not going to work until the afternoon. It is always nice to have a morning full of things to do. I decided to join them.

Eric Christensen prepares for a morning on the lake Wednesday, June 17, 2009. (Jason Halley/ProPixelographer)

Matt Plummer gets ready to jump into the water of Lake Oroville for a morning session of wakeboarding June 17. (Jason Halley/ProPixelographer)

I took the opportunity to test out some fun photographic technologies that I have been playing with. Having the fisheye, clamps and intervalometer, I decided to clamp a camera on the tower of the boat for a neat angle. Since this was really only one shot and there wasn't a need for two camera bodies, I decided to create a time lapse of our morning ride. I took a picture every five seconds and would put it into a video of our adventure.

Seen from a fisheye view, Eric drives the boat as Matt wakeboards behind on Lake Oroville. (Jason Halley/ProPixelographer)

Matt Plummer jumps the wake as he boards in the morning. (Jason Halley/ProPixelographer)

Eric Christensen grabs the board as he soars in the air wakeboarding on Lake Oroville. (Jason Halley/ProPixelographer)

Eric Christensen strikes a pose as he wake boards on Lake Oroville. (Jason Halley/ProPixelographer)

The time lapse video came out pretty good. I put a little music to it to move it along, but overall it worked great. 1,290 pictures created a 1:27 video.




No comments:

Post a Comment