Thursday, May 28, 2009

Na na na na na na na na...Native! 1 of 8

I know, I know. It has over a month since my last posting. Well when you go on a honeymoon in Hawaii for a week, you let me know how much you want to jump back into writing a blog about less exciting things. Actually the truth is that I didn't want to post anything else until I posted some of the pictures from the honeymoon.

And while I might breeze through the daily assignments, personal ones seem to take a lot longer to edit through. Could it be the 4,500 or so images that I took over the eight days? It is very hard to edit all those images down to a couple or so to show the public. There was so much to see on the Big Island, and we saw most of it.

The next couple of postings will describe the days of our honeymoon and what we were able to see while we were there. I will try to keep them short and to the point. I am sure you just care to see the pictures than read the boring story.

Day 1: The Arrival.

Flying into The Big Island was very different than flying into any other Hawaiian Island. The beaches of the Big Island are still covered in volcanic rock. They are the most pristine like those of Maui, but we didn't come to enjoy just the beaches. Cassie and I are "outdoorsians". We love hiking.

The view from the plane window as we land on the Big Island shows the rocky volcanic beaches on April 10, 2009. (Jason Halley/ProPixelographer)

Cassie and I arrive on the Big Island Kona Airport as we have our picture taken by a nearby helper. (Jason Halley/ProPixelographer)

I would be in danger if I were to forget to thank my mom who was able to use her Hilton Honors points to hook us up with wonderful accommodations at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort on Kona Hawaii for a week stay. It was a wonderful property that offered all we could want for a week long adventure in Hawaii. Though we toured the resort grounds often, we also loved to venture onto the island itself.

A small stream connects the different towers of the Hilton Waikoloa Village which you can take a tram or a boat over the 65 acres of resort property. (Jason Halley/ProPixelographer)

Cassie walks along the walkway of the first tower we stayed at before we were upgraded to a suite! (Jason Halley/ProPixelographer)

The point of the trip was to relax. We were not going to make rush, rush plans that would leave little room for enjoyment, but rather a list to knock off. We decided to have options rather than plans. This allowed our first day to relax with no intention to set off on adventure quite yet. With having a full week of opportunities it allowed for enough time for both. The first day was that. Getting to the resort and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment