Friday, January 25, 2013

Meeting a Legend

In my job I meet all kinds of characters. Ever so often I meet a true legend. I was lucky to have met the one and only Moriss Taylor the other day. Taylor has recently retired from his media business and I had the change to photograph him in his home this last week. I was looking for really two types of photos. One great closeup portrait and one great environmental portrait. Unknown what his house would showcase, I was pleasantly surprised that Mr. Taylor had brought out a collection of his personal history. That made the perfect backdrop. I had a great time hearing the stories that he shared with myself and the reporter. I am glad to have shared that time with him.

Moriss Taylor talks about his retirement from years in show business for KHSL-TV on the Moriss Taylor Show wearing the iconic cowboy hat and shirt during an interview in his home Friday, January 17, 2013 in Chico, Calif.  
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)


Moriss Taylor sits on his couch holding what he is most known for, a guitar and the iconic cowboy hat and shirt during an interview in his home Friday, January 17, 2013 in Chico, Calif.  
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)








No comments:

Post a Comment