Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dull Rain, Great Photo

The rain finally came today and when I was about to start my shift, it let up. The downpour I was looking forward to covering as a photojournalist stopped as soon as I was going to begin. I was left with a cloudy dismal, gray world facing me. I decided to head out and see what I could find. My travels took me to One Mile Recreation Area where no one was out except a few active runners. The wet became cold as I searched for something interesting. Then I decided to get a new view on the world. I pointed my camera up at a tree and let the rain splash on the lens. (I have a UV filter that protects the main lens... and a rain cover for the camera) With the rain splashing the filter it created a watercolor effect over the lens. I took a picture of one of the trees and it made for a much more artistic view of such a dull atmosphere. It was a definitely a happy moment of my day. 



Rain falls for the first time of the year on Thursday, January 19, 2012 in Chico, Calif. Water on the lens creates a watercolor painting feel of a tree at One Mile Recreation Area.
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

No comments:

Post a Comment