Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cloud Rainbow...What Does It Mean?

I noticed in the clouds a while ago, a coloration similar to a rainbow, but wasn't an actually rainbow. It was a little humid that day, and I assume that it is caused by the moisture in the air. I guess I should ask my old physics teacher who took to joyful mystery away from the idea of how rainbows are made, but actually gave me an answer that made me smarter. Either way, it was really interesting to see in the sky.

Higher humidity in the air creates a rainbow in the clouds from the sun Wednesday, April 27, 2011 in Chico Calif.
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

Higher humidity in the air creates a rainbow in the clouds from the sun Wednesday, April 27, 2011 in Chico Calif.
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

No comments:

Post a Comment