Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring Weather Blooms Early

The warm weather hit early and hotter causing blossoms all over the city's trees to bloom. I headed out to find some color and beauty and it was pretty quick and easy. The scene was perfect, I just had to wait for somebody to come into the scene. A bicyclist rode through the trees and I snapped away. The blossoms framed him perfectly. Later I also headed to check out all the almond blossoms that have been turning the almond orchards into a winter wonderland. I got a high vantage point and snapped the blossoms of an orchard.

A bicyclist rides under Purple Leaf Plum trees that bloom early in the warmer weather along Vallombrosa Ave near Mangrove Ave Wednesday, February 23, 2011 in Chico, Calif.
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

Almond blossoms bloom as seen from the Midway Friday, February 25, 2011 in Chico, Calif.
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)

See full post...


No comments:

Post a Comment