Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Monk's Mission

Venerable Lama Losang Samten has visited Chico before. This modest monk is at it again creating a sand mandalas at the Chico State campus. He spends hours and days working on creating a sand artwork that is truly a beautiful sight. Then, after it is finished, he sweeps up the sand and it is over. Just like that, something he work to hard and long on is gone. That is like me taking my pictures, and then deleting them. As my friends know me, I don't delete anything. Not even the out of focus or wrongly exposed. I couldn't do it. I guess that's why I'm not a monk.



Venerable Lama Losang Samten works on his sand mandalas at Chico State in the Bell Memorial Union on the CSUC campus Friday, February 18, 2011 in Chico, Calif. Samten, a Tibetan monk, will begin work on the Mandala of Compassion on Feb. 14 and finish on March 5th.
(Jason Halley/Chico Enterprise-Record)



No comments:

Post a Comment